The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 938 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/12/11
I can't quite get the hang of this. There's a lot to follow. I once watched something on TV about a Zombie state when people were thought to be dead. Am I on the right track?
I wish you had more words to tell your thrilling story with. The characters were interesting and the science fiction vibes were giving me chills. This could easily bean excerpt from a great novel.
02/15/11
I love this. Love the tone, love the voice, but most of all I love the tribute (intended or not) to the era of the handwritten letter. A time when one had to wait a great deal of time to hear from loved ones, but when one did recieve communication, it was far more revealing than a two-line status.

Oh, hey, is this a zombie take on Jane Austen?
02/15/11
Ah, yes it is. I'm sure of it now. That's why I enjoyed it so much. Clever.
02/15/11
Ah yes. Brilliant! Now I do get it. This is very clever and well written in the light of the explanation. How dumb am I? Especially seeing I'm nearly JA's next door neighbour! Well done.
02/17/11
Don't wish to comment on how "Austen"tacious this is, but I got a bit lost in the long paragraphs. There are elements of fun, but they may be easier to enjoy with shorter stanzas.
02/17/11
Now this was unique. I had to read it a couple times but once I understood what was going on, it made much more sense. Very creative. I do agree about maybe breaking up the paragraphs some for easier reading.