The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 645 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Thanks for sharing some beautiful memories of your family. I enjoyed the way you presented it and it made me think of my family.
Good job. I felt as though you were describing my family.
Excellent! Great story...very well done!
02/12/11
This brought back many treasured memories to me of my own parents and our family home. Priceless!
I enjoyed this walk back through time and an old family homestead. There is no place like home. You painted a picture of a wonderful, but not perfect era. Nice job.
A warm, loving stroll down memory lane to an era most of the young ones know about only through writing such as yours. Thanks for a sweet article.
02/15/11
thank you for " showing us round" your parents house and describing their era through the things they had collected and still clung on to. very clever!
02/17/11
Thanks for inviting us into your parents' home for a warm, evocative, reflective look around. Very well written.
02/17/11
I like the cozy feeling of this story. You're talking about my parent's generation as well. The pace of this was laid back and comfortable packed full of wonderful memories. (I too miss the canning event in the fall. Some of the best food went into those jars to enjoy for the rest of the year.)