The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1214 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I was screaming at the PC "Don't send him any money!" I'm so glad your MC heard me. This is an all too common scam and one people need to be aware of. Thanks for the great message.
11/15/10
The suspense drew me in, as the sprat began to turn into a rat! I love how you tipped the frustration over failed messages into God's protection for a vulnerable lady. Very well done.
11/15/10
You did a good job with this story. I was drawn in right away. I became anxious for your MC and totally concerned that she would send the money. The ending was perfect, just like our God.
05/26/12
Helen, I'm going to feature this story on the Front Page Showcase for the week of June 25. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!
05/28/12
Helen, I tried to email you using the email addy on your profile, but it bounced back. In answer to your questions: I select the Front Page Showcase based on a number of criteria; as one of the site administrators, I have access to a list of every paying member and links to their profiles with all of their submissions. I look through those for pieces that are well-written, fairly recent, and (if there are comments) well-received.

You may want to share your idea about featuring different kinds of poetry with either Mike Edwards or Deb Porter. They are higher up in the FaithWriters hierarchy than I am, and they are the ones who should ponder your suggestion.