The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1008 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You did such a great job of showing the raw emotion that one might feel after getting a surprise like that. The husband's reaction was darling. I really enjoyed the whole story.
Interesting take on the topic. I couldn't help myself when reading it, how it sounded like the book "Revolutionary Road." I'm sure it was not your intention. I believe he worked for a corporation in that one, and not his own business.

Nice job. Nice flow. Enjoyed it.
08/05/10
Ya gotta love Dan. Great story...I could feel the anguish of your mc. Congrats on your second place recognition.
08/05/10
Ah... love this story, Sarah! Congratulation on your level award and Editor's Choice!
Absolutely loved it!
08/05/10
Congratulations on your 3rd place EC, Sarah. This story is delightful - you really let your reader feel the mc's emotions. Wonderfully written!
Fabulous "slice of life" story! I especially like Dan's reaction. :) Congrats on your EC!!!!!
Very true to the feelings and fears a woman this age would have...congratulations!
Oh my gosh....I LOVE THIS. Great story, Well written and full of the humor I so love!!
This was the best: So, with my delicate sense of timing, I blurted it out the second his foot hit the threshold. I am STILL LAUGHING. I don't know where you live but would SO LOVE to meet you in person! :)