The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1262 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/22/09
Well, you sold me on a trip! :-) I had similar thoughts about wanting to see it all this week. What I liked about this piece was your effort to record realistic dialogue that includes dialect and the play on words that results from (mis)communication. Love the last line, too.
01/22/09
From someone who knows nothing about Australia, you gave me a lot to think about. Almost made me want to visit. And I agree, that last line is a kicker. Very good job.
Brilliant dialogue - Had to laugh at the ending too.
I have friends who just returned from several weeks vacationing in Australia & they sent a number of emails while traveling; much of what your characters described sounds like what they saw & experienced. I enjoyed "listening in" on this conversation!
01/24/09
Funny, funny. Your play on words drew in my attention, the dialogue held me. Very good.
01/26/09
I'm giggling - Punkin'Breath??? Is that a term of endearment?? LOL!! Great little piece, too funny and all the info of a travel brochure. Well done.
Oh, this was so much fun. Love the humor and the ending is perfect.
01/26/09
What I'd like to do is follow this couple around Australia...can you imagine the looks they'd get?! Clever mode to pass along information.