The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1046 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/26/08
Enjoyed. Grandparents figure in most people's Christmases. They are a special gift at these times. Thanks for reminding us.

I would have loved joining you for the meal but not the sleeping arrangements. Thanks!
This evoked memories of holiday dinners at my own grandmother's.
The desserts made my mouth water. Nicely done.
I love the memories of her grandparents and holiday get to-gethers. I was so glad at the end that she bought the house. Well written, nicely done.
Your wonderful memories brought back wonderful ones of my own. Now I'm the grandma cooking for Christmas, and I love it!
Nice memories with a very satisfying ending! I could relate because my cousin bought our grandparents' house. Wonderful tribute.
10/29/08
Great memories in this piece. I felt like I was right there.

Red ink: In paragraph two, you don't need to explain why she wrapped her arms around her. The clues of the wind and snow let the reader know it's cold. Also you mention her walking twice at the beginning.
10/30/08
These are great memories and oh so familiar.
10/30/08
Great memories. I'm glad you shared. My favorite was how the MC always felt special to the grandparents; grandma and grandpa made sure of that.
10/30/08
I'm just a little confused by the ending....not sure what was happening through the scene. The memories were beautiful, though - and right on topic! Nice writing.
The food descriptions made me so hungry. I can't wait for Christmas dinner this year!

I'm pretty sure I understand what was going on at the end. She had just closed on a new house and was returning the favor to the grandparents by having them over to her new house for Christmas dinner. At least that's how I understood it.

All of the entries this week are delightful reads, and this entry is no exception. :)