The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1768 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/18/05
Creative angle on "camping" - it spoke to my heart. The last paragraph sums it up nicely. Well done.
Blessings, Lynda
07/19/05
This was good. I remember the first time I read that passage of scripture. "The God who sees me." All at once I felt transparent ... and somehow very free. I had nothing to hide which He could not see. Thanks for using a passage to bring back memories. In His Grip,
KC
07/20/05
Amen, I liked your example of God sees everyone and all our situations, where ever we camp. Nice story.
God bless, littlelight
07/20/05
Another creative angle on the camping theme. This was a nice fleshing out of the story of Hagar. However,in the Bible story, Hagar had already given birth and her son was with her.

It was interesting to see Hagar from this viewpoint. God job.
I love this question and it's answer -- "Truth be told, Hagar was a bit envious of Abram and Sarai. Who was this god who related so personally with her masters? Why did he favor them so?

Now she also knew the God of Abram and Sarai, and He favored her as well...He told her to return to her mistress, but she knew she would not go alone. He was with her. She had encountered Him - God Who Sees."

So well said! The God who sees is with us all the time.

Great description throughout.
07/22/05
Well done. I liked the way the thoughts drove the narration. Very descriptive. Thanks
07/23/05
Nicely written :)
07/24/05
A beautiful use of words. We tend to despise Hagar. Why? For the sin we are all guilty of - pride. Seeing her sin as familiar in our own lives gives us more compassion for her. I love the message of the God Who Sees - One we can know 'personally'. Great work!