The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1212 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/18/05
Thanks for sharing your memories and the lessons learned. Delightful read.
Blessings, Lynda
07/19/05
Endearing personal essay. Loved the last two paragraphs. You summed up - and did so with great detail - how every camper feels at the end of a long week. Thank you for sharing.
In His Grip, KC
07/20/05
As a person who never had the experience of going to youth camp, I really enjoyed reading your memories. What incredible lessons you took home from that one week at camp. It's a lesson to all of us to hang out with those who can enhance our spiritual growth as Christians and not to get into the "gripper's camp". This essay was well written and nicely developed. Makes me realize that children and teens aren't the only ones who could use a week at camp.
07/20/05
So far, one of my favorites. Diversity, adversity, fun, learning, friendships, maturity. Very well written and nice entry. Thank you for sharing. God bless ya, littlelight
07/22/05
Great personal essay, interesting and insightful. Thanks, I enjoyed reading it.
07/23/05
Engaging, well written article. Lots of conflict situations hinted at that have to potential to make good YP 'fiction'.
07/23/05
Makes me want to go back to church camp again :) Maybe I can make it to the next women's retreat!