The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1264 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/11/08
What a wonderful tribute, and I loved the last line,"she looked directly into the face of THE WORD that she cherished and loved so much."
04/12/08
I loved your use of certain phrases "dark hollers" and "like and old hound dog that had caught an opossum". Your ending is beautiful. If this is true, how wonderful that you were able to sit at your grandmother's feet that summer. This is a lovely tribute to your grandmother.
04/14/08
The last half of this is as precious as anything I've read...wonderful.
04/16/08
she looked directly into the face of THE WORD that she cherished and loved so much.
This is such a touching story, and this line at the end is priceless.
I love your Grandma! I know how she feels when she said "I go to church, listen to the sermons but that is just not enough." If only more Christians loved the Word like your Grandma did. Very well done Tim. I thoroughly enjoyed this!
A very special memory-as your title hinted. The ending had me sort of wishing that it wouldn't end that way, but it did and that was all right. I enjoyed this read, it's perfect for a workday afternoon! I loved the detail of the ears of corn. ^_^
All I can say to stop the tears is WOW and THANKS. I'd like to see this one with a ribbon the next tie I read it.
04/17/08
Masterful writing--moved me to tears with that powerful ending. Wow!
This is such a tender story. The thing about families is that we can miss seeing them for years, then we can pick up right where we left off and know we're still very loved. Beautiful story!
This is such a tender story. The thing about families is that we can miss seeing them for years, then we can pick up right where we left off and know we're still very loved. Beautiful story!
I can't believe I missed reading this one this past week. What a touching story! Your ending nearly brought me to tears.

What a special grandmother. I know she is in Heaven right now rejoicing. Your ending said it all.

Thank you so much for sharing.