The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1809 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This wonderful story illustrates so poignantly the necessity for doing what the Word says, not just talking about it. This is a convicting piece.
12/08/07
Soo convicting, so telling, too true and real, gives me goosebumps because it hits home as to why the world calls us hypocrits. I love that you didn't try to tie this up and make it pretty. Leaving it hanging gives it more power. Great writing.
12/08/07
Amazing message - convicting and so true-to-life. Don't we miss the "right" solutions way too many times? Excellent.
12/10/07
I thought it was clever and quick. Hopefully we all can work on being more consistant. Good job. God bless.
12/10/07
This is chilling (pun unintentional :) in its ability to hit right to our weakness. Really effective (and convicting) writing! Good work!
Your message comes through loud and clear in the jumbled words of a "disturbed" man. Great job!
12/10/07
Excellent job with the "word salad" typical of schizophrenics. This one really packs a punch, Dee!
12/11/07
Ouch! You didn't pull your punch with that piece. Great way to use Crazy Bob's dialog to drive home (even more) the message. Great job.
12/11/07
Ouch! Hit that nail right in the center with the first smack. Good story making a very important point.
12/12/07
Wow, how unique and powerful! Great job!
WOW. This one hits close today. Gave me goosebumps while reading it and the shifting changes from inside to outside-wow. 'Crazy Bob's' view was so haunting. Great writing!
12/12/07
The contrast between the group's dialogue and Crazy Bob's built a wonderful tension. And the lack of action at the end was like a knife stab. Awesome, awesome story.
12/12/07
The 'acts' of the apostles mean they did something -- they acted on their faith! Wonderful writing--this could be a skit!
Perfect potrait of reality. As Jesus said of his deciples, their spirits are willing, but their flesh is weak. We always have such good intentions until it takes us out of our comfort zones. Great job.
12/12/07
Anointed and convicting, superb writing - thank you.
12/12/07
This is really good. I love the way you "show" this powerful message rather than just "telling" it. Great job with the topic.
This was really good my friend. You made some very convincing and convicting pionts in this. Well done!
Oh my, I did it again. :( Forgot to check my response for errors before submitting it. Sorry, it's that loose nut behind my keyboard again. sheeeesh!
12/13/07
This is powerful! The bolded scene settings add to the "inside our comfort zone" part of the message. Wonderful job!
This is powerful Dee, bold and clean in style. Like a good sculptor you chiseled away everything that didn't look like your story leaving us with an awesome read.