The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1804 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Cute example here of learning to be calm (or maybe not learning).
09/21/07
Loved this humorous little take on "calming the nerves" or the "adrenal whatever's"?...nice change from the serious, and gave me a new outlook on some of those 'what I thought of as boring sports' - nice job!
09/21/07
Cute and clever - this was definitely a fun read.
09/23/07
Hey, I think your MC just might be a long lost relative of my husband! They both seem to have the any-sport-is-worth-watching gene. He's a calm person, until he watches sports. Cute story and one that illustrates very well my own philosophy about sports: it's better to watch something with a PLOT!
I enjoyed the humor throughout this piece. Too bad the issue behind it is a serious one, but the MC seems to be a "good sport" about it!
Amen to Dee's comment. It's impossible for me to get worked up over sports; my adrenals revert to auto -- unless of course its the Spurs. Cute story, though, well-written and great for the flip side of calm.
Might I suggest a good book for your MC? :) I really enjoyed this humorous article. Nicely done.
09/25/07
Oh my. This was great. I laughed the whole time. Next time, try watching chess. No, wait. It can get pretty exciting when you're waiting for the pawn to attack the king.
09/25/07
Nicely done. Fun take on the topic or "anti-topic." Terrific writing.
I really enjoyed the Catch-22 humor in this artilce. It is well written and all too true, sports fanatic or not.
09/27/07
Loved the article because I had a similar condition, my adrenal glands went whacko, but the doctor never told me there was a name for it. I would have liked another title to draw the readers to a very good article. Also thanks for all the help you gave me.:))
Don't know how I missed this entertaining piece my first "read through" this week. Excellent writing, unique take on the topic, and so humorous.