The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1175 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/28/07
I liked this. An editor might make some changes and fix some things, but this story has an overriding tone which like the white canvas brings out a meaning for each who see (read) the words.
01/28/07
A nice story, but I'm not quite sure if I "get" the ending. Perhaps I'm dense, but I'll ponder this some more. Good job.
I really enjoyed the descriptions in your story, and you kept me engaged right to the end, but I didn't understand the ending, either. Maybe my heart just isn't soft enough to see it?!
01/29/07
Great dialogue - and I love the idea of painting with the heart AND of the "hidden" painting of Christ's heart. Wonderful.
01/29/07
I'd love to see this one doubled in length, so you could draw out the ending a bit more. The beginning was perfect, very intriguing, and I wanted to hear more from the painted once we discover his blindness.
01/29/07
I really enjoyed this and loved how Ajax saw himself as only a tool in the Master's hand. I could sense from the beginning of the story that he truly seeing with his heart.
I think it's great. You have good story telling skills. Keep writing!