The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1388 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/24/06
What I liked most - The language is beautiful. I could feel my own heart set with her pace as she slowly opened to God's knocking. Your character is realistic.
What I might change - I wanted it to be a longer story!:) In such a short piece- you introduced so many real people and a setting that I could see!
08/24/06
I agree - very realistic. Well written and it's a piece so many can relate to in one way or another. The circumstances may be different, but the pain and healing are something so many share. This story gives hope to the hurting.
08/25/06
What a picture you paint of a lonely soul. And, what a message about the Body of Christ, present for us in the Word, revealing Himself to our heart, and in the flesh-and-blood people in our church family, offering comfort.
08/25/06
I needed to read this today. All is not lost as long as there is hope! Katie is a very realistic character. Thank you for taking us on her journey.
08/26/06
What a journey Katie has been on. Thank you for the work that has gone into showing us the final stages and the beginning of a new journey at the foot of the cross.
08/28/06
Wow . . . I'm such a nature girl so I loved the vivid imagery that enveloped your characters and storyline. Beautiful writing.
I'm with Marty, I could see everything first hand. Awesome.
08/29/06
I enjoy honest writing. Great character development, a super story that ministered to me. There is nothing better than finding our joy in Jesus again. God bless.
08/29/06
Loved the description and imagery in this piece especially. Katie is a wonderful, believeable character. Excellent!
I'm so glad that I waited to find your story and read it today. I needed it!

I love authors who can tantalize my mind with clear images, and you did that in this article. I could see the eagles, the old growth trees, the giant ferns, and the fog rising from the waters. I could rest in those images all day!

Good job!
Powerful writing of the healing of the cross! Great job!
Oh, I did read this one! I remember it now. ;-) Very lovely!
08/31/06
Beautiful! It calls for more. Wonderful, flowing language. Very nice! :)
Very realistic characters! Good job!