The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1012 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/11/06
Great story. One of those that you kind of have an idea how it will turn out, but you have to keep reading to find out how it happens!
05/11/06
Very well composed, a delightful story. Definately gets one of my votes (as if that meant anything).
05/12/06
And Lynda makes three who think this is great. Congratulations on a job well done.
This was great! Very uplifting!
what a delightful story. You have great storytelling ability. Be proud of this entry, you did a fabulous job!
I really like this, too! Reminds me of one of my favorite old book/movies, "Pollyanna." It's a real gift to write sunshine (Sonshine)into the world, and you've got it.
One suggestion: Your opening will be much stronger if you wait to reveal Hope Amherst's name until she introduces herself. Great piece!
05/18/06
Congratulations! You're a great storyteller and I'm thrilled you won this recognition. God bless you!
05/21/06
Beautiful story, but like other have already stated, you already knew where it was going. Still, it was a wonderful story.

I did think the story wound up too quickly at the end. The reader doesn't seem to have a chance to get a sense that she is truly coming out of her depression before the story is over. But it's probably more of my personal preference. Others didn't seem to have a problem with the ending.

Nice job and congratulations