The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 708 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/16/10
I enjoyed this story. Aren't we all capable of putting on a facade, rather than showing our fears or shortcomings? It is only through God's grace that I have the confidence to go boldly without fear because I know he will equip me. Great example of what it is like to live without knowing.
You did a nice job in describing the man's anguish. I know for me in my times of doubt I'm terrified of the thought of there being nothing after I die. Logical people tell me if that's true I won't know, but it never helps alleviate my fear. Maybe that's because I do believe in Jesus and if there was nothing that would mean I would be separated from the One who loves me that much. It can mess with the mind if you over think it.I choose to believe and trust in Jesus.
Loved your title. If people were open and honest what a wonderful place this would be. People wear facades for various reasons and we cause ourselves so much grief. Thank you and God bless.
Loved your title. If people were open and honest what a wonderful place this would be. People wear facades for various reasons and we cause ourselves so much grief. Thank you and God bless.
09/18/10
God is always seeking us out and opening just the right doors at the right time. Great story!
09/18/10
I enjoyed this very much. My favorite part was where you compared the MC's fear to the "sticky strands of a spider-web" - what a visual delight that is and so apt a description!

I hope faith breaks through his cynisism.

Very good writing!

We all have some kind of facade that we wear. I hope that your MC opens up his heart and mind to what he is about to hear.
10/30/10
Very good. I wanted more. Your are a rat for stopping.