The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 963 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/19/08
Enjoyed this read - you kept me interested throughout.
01/22/08
This one is a little gem. I don't know if you have joined the discussion boards yet, but if you do, you will get many more comments each Monday.
01/22/08
Great illustration :)
01/22/08
Your last line is my favorite.
I really enjoyed this piece, especially how you summed the topic up in a single word, woven casually in to the story, then tied in at the end. I appreciate those stories which employ subtlety.
Just my opinion, but I think you held your own nicely in intermediate.
01/22/08
I like how you tied your ending to the first word played. Good job...
01/23/08
Oooh, a Scrabble story! I love Scrabble, and this held me captive from the first word to the last.
Thanks for the truthful testimony. Keep up the good words.
I love Scrabble - my favorite game. DH doesn't like to play because I "always win". Good descriptions of the game and I love the tie in back to the first word played. Intriguing title. Red ink: in the first sentence of the second paragraph, you could leave off the beginning "So".
Good first entry in intermediate! :)
You make this piece come alive with the interactive way of playing scrabble. I liked this piece, how it covers a valuable lesson and does it without daubing too much confusion on it. Very nicely done! ^_^
An insigtful story into the subtle ways our characters are developed. The writing beautifully shows the love of family and the impact it can have and the lessons we can learn if our hearts and mind are but open.
You chose a very creative way to illustrate the topic. I love Scrabble, too.
01/24/08
Hearing the internal dialog added a lot to the piece. Great job bringing it full circle, too. :-)
01/24/08
Your Scrabble score for 'the game' is 13! It's awesome you had a dad who took the time to play--
01/24/08
Love the ending on this entry! It was perfect to reflect what you had written before and gave a soft little punch to the message you wanted to give.
I really enjoyed reading this. Your writing allowed me to "see" you playing the game with your father. Creatively written and a great little moral at the end without being preachy. Thanks for reading and commenting on my story as well.
Lesley-Anne