The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1069 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really liked this, and would love to hear more.
01/12/07
Very cute and enjoyable. I admit that when you had Jonah eating lots of fish in the beginning I thought it was the Jonah of the book of Jonah! Anyway... good story and well done.
This is a good article, would be much better if you had proofread it first.
01/12/07
hehe. i thought it was jonah from the book of jonah till they mentioned baby jesus. hehe i wanna name my son zebedee when i grow up
01/12/07
I like how you did a prequel to the disciples calling. Good job.
01/13/07
Wonderful! What a creative idea!
01/16/07
I love this prequel! So likely and so real! A really good job of writing, atmosphere and dialogue. I thouroughly enjoyed this gem.
01/16/07
This is a very well-written piece. Excellent use of dialogue and I love the "foretaste" of the Messiah being the working of prophecy in the characters. Also was blessed by the simple prayer the family to be used by God. All He requires is a willing heart. :-)
01/16/07
Creative and intriguing story! Thanks for an imaginative glimpse at Simon and Andrew's early years!
01/16/07
Great description, especially in the beginning. I also assumed it was the OT Jonah - until I saw the name Zebedee (which wasn't very long - so that's fine with me!). This was very engaging and a wonderful snapshot.