The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 980 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A good point on reasons why to NOT lose our Joy. Nicely done.
05/26/06
It is important to maintain our joy. Good job!
05/26/06
I love the tenderness of the younger child's heart. Good story.
05/27/06
Good story - like the ending especially. My only question is how old the child is - I felt her(?) voice was quite grown-up sometimes. Otherwise - great.
05/29/06
Nice story, but what was the symbolism of the shoes? They were mentioned quite often. I can guess and get a different take on the story with each theory. But, each take ministered to me. I thank you for that. Sorry to ramble, just wondered about the shoes. God bless you.
05/30/06
I loved this line-
dull cave sheltering an equally depressing troll.

This was a well written story with alot of heart.

05/31/06
I like the viewpoint of the girl. My childhood involved pride in the one pair of new shoes we were allowed each year. To pray for the man who in spite threw her new shoes in the street was an act of going the second mile. I especially liked the line "I couldn't not pray for him." Good job.
05/31/06
Excellent story! The mind of the child storyteller is mirrored so clearly in excellent dialogue. Keep writing as God blesses you!