The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 779 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/01/05
My intention was to just read all of the entries first and not comment at this time, but I have to. I have been through this very situation. I loved someone and when I got saved I wanted to share it with him. Then the bottom dropped out when he told me he was an atheist! That was the worst moment of my life. I had to choose between the love of my life (or so I thought) and God. Now that I look back on the situation, I realized that that's why God does not want us unequally yoked. When you give your life to someone, it's hard to let go, even for God. Thanks for this article:)
POWERFUL!!!
11/01/05
Very nicely done; I'd like to see teen girls reading this. Add commas between clauses and to set off the name of a person addressed from the rest of the sentence. This easy edit will bump this story up a notch or two.
11/01/05
Your opening caught me as I was reading though some. You wrote about a truth that many people miss and thus miss the blessings. Nice style. thanks!
11/02/05
Very well written, I hope the judges smile on this one. I really like the way the tough dialogue was handled. blessings - dub
11/03/05
I could just imagine the charactor's in your story, their reactions and Tom hamming around. I felt the strength in the young woman resolve to follow the one she truly loved and knew loved her. Good lesson.
God bless ya, littlelight
Great Piece! I enjoyed reading it and I felt the pain as she let him go. I would suggest a better title. A great story needs to catch our eyes with a strong title. Nice JOb