The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1213 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/02/10
Wow! Such strong words. The repeated "again" was very powerful. Well done!
What a powerful reminder about how sin causes all kinds of problems and yes it is a vicious cycle. The body language spoke volumes. Thank you.
12/03/10
An excellent take on the topic. Strikingly interesting!
12/03/10
vicious cycle certainly and so well written ....
12/04/10
Very effective. I also like the repetition of "again." Good job.
12/04/10
Powerful imagery.
But I wonder if the scripture is used to "blame" the victim for not doing "good". I think that the perpetrator is the one the verse should be aimed at.
I like the repetition.
A sad story portrayed very well in verse.
12/04/10
Excellent piece. You write very well. I loved the way you portray a nasty real life issue that many have to deal with in a non-confrontational non-judgmental way. Personally speaking, I don't believe God wants any of his precious daughters stuck in this sort of cycle of abuse no matter what some Christians claim the scriptures say.
12/06/10
An out of the usual approach to poem writing! I particularly like the part "Between love and hate Lord, break the chain. Please help us remember the again and again."
This just broke my heart to know that so many people live in this cycle. Your poem is so touching. The bottom part feels like a cry for help. I hope everyone who reads this gets the courage to ask someone for the help they need. Beautiful job.
12/06/10
This is perhaps my favorite entry so far this week. Excellent use of repetition to get your point across. Definitely caught my attention.
Congratulations for placing first in your level. I look forward to seeing you in level 3!
12/10/10
congratulations a well deserved win :-)
12/11/10
Congratulations, Cheryl. Your poem was powerful and very well written. A very deserving first place!