The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1500 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/16/09
Nice story with good visuals.
Reading this story is as close as I want to come to this kind of wildlife (with apologies to my park ranger son). Very realistic!
07/17/09
Your story was such a pleasure to read. The writing flows so smoothly, and your descriptions are wonderful! I liked the bear drinking from the feeder the best!
Oh this story just drew me in and I could just about visualize your discription of that grizzly bear. You are a gifted writer. Thank you for such a lovely story about summer.
07/20/09
Great story.

The scenics were right on.

I just love these wilderness tales and you told this one with such enjoyable voice.

Try a rewrite and see if you can edit out some of the conjunctions and present participles. You might find that you like the change.

Loved the story and I will be looking forward to reading your work each week.

I wished I lived in Gulley's Gap.
07/24/09
Hi Scarlett. I just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, Gulley's Gap, actually did very well in the Summer Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 2, placing 9th in that Level. Well done!

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=383740

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Just a quick reminder, too, about this year’s Page Turner Contest for 500 members. If you have a novel in the works (even just the first chapter), this contest is a must to enter:
http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/FaithWriters500/contest-pageturner.php

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)