The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1410 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/02/05
Oh, so bittersweet! I gather the woman has Alzheimers? Creative story and nicely written.
08/03/05
That was a very interesting twist to this story. I read it twice! Nice developement, and surprising ending. Nice entry! God bless ya, littlelight
Such a touching story! Pulled on my heart strings. Thanks for sharing.
Oh! I didn't see the ending coming! How sweet and sad. Good job, well written!
08/07/05
Well written! It's so hard to see loved ones forget like that. It reminded me of my Grandparents (but not the travel part).
What a surprise ending! So tender the son was toward his mother! This was well written!
08/08/05
Lovely Jan, a well deserved win!
08/08/05
I was reading along, thinking this was a nice, well-written story, but not sure why it was #1. Until I got to that amazing ending! It made the whole story pop. Congratulations on a well-deserved win!
08/08/05
It was only a matter of time! Congrats! Ya done good! :-)
I never saw the end coming! This is an excellent story! Thanks!
Beautiful. You so gently and smoothly glided your reader into that poignant ending! Congratulations!
08/09/05
Well done, Jan. When so many are impatient with their elderly relatives this makes a well written, delightful and encouraging tale. yeggy
08/09/05
Jan, congratulations on this great win.. I know that it definitely took you by surprise, but it was very well deserved. It's now time for you to move on up to Level 3 - you're more than ready for it. Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
08/09/05
Oh, this is so tender and beautiful. I love it.
08/09/05
O.Henry, move over!
Jan, your story was beautiful and touched me on a personal level. Great job.

Bill
Congratulations! Surprise endings are hard to pull off in 750 words but you did it with even less. Nice work!
poignant-precious- very nicely stated- thank you