The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 722 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a lovely angle this story has, the house's point of view. Very clever and brave. Keep writing, I enjoyed this.
06/07/08
How imaginative! I liked reading it from the house's perspective. And a very wise house to be sure. This was a well-written, entertaining story. Thanks for sharing.
06/07/08
Hats off for creativity. I particularly liked the descriptions of the dents and stained left behind by growing children. An engaging story
I really enjoyed this! Writing from the perspective of a house is a unique take on the topic. I also liked how the house described its "bumps and bruises." This was a really good line:

"They are like bumps and bruises on a youngster-badges worn proudly to prove that adventures have come and gone."

This is one of the better pieces that I have read in intermediate so far this week. Good job!
I thought I should clarify something for the other people who read my comment above on this entry.

When I said this is one of the "better" entries this week in intermediate, I didn't mean it as though the other entries aren't as good. I just really liked this entry a lot. It stood out to me, but that doesn't mean that the other entries are poor.

I just wanted to make that clarification. :)
06/11/08
Ah! A Day in the life of a House that has become a Home! Just Beautiful! I loved it! Great piece of creative writing in this one! Enjoyed it immensely from start to finish! Kudos!