The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 720 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
My mother used to babysit for a Messianic Jewish church, and the church family would often gather together much like this family did.

I really liked the part where they sang together, and the spider web was a nice touch. I wondered how they would escape the guards.

Good job with this! Keep on writing.
06/07/08
Home is indeed where the family is, even in a dreary cave. I enjoyed the intrigue and mystery of the story. Just one small suggestion - you might want to proofread your stories several times before submitting. Overall, it was a very entertaining read. Was this something from your background or a relatives background perhaps? If not, very imaginative.
06/07/08
You certainly brought out the tensions inherent in this scenario – a hearty mixture of hope, fear and praise. You might like to consider reducing the number of characters you introduce so as to allow to give a little more space to the others – always a challenge with that 750 word limit.
06/11/08
You have renovataed an old, ancient folklore story with names, faces and real family members that make it much more personable and true to life. A great read and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Nicely done.