The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 694 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Awesome story! I loved the ending.
02/23/08
Very good, and I really love the brick metaphor throughout. Very well done.
Nice take on the topic, and a good story line. I'm glad she came to her senses in time.
The only thing that could make a good story even better, is more careful personal or buddy editing. If you have not already spotted these and would like specifics, you will find contact information in my profile, as I do not have the PM service.
02/23/08
Tears fell from my eyes as I read about the bricks falling from Emma's wall. A wonderful and enlightening story which was an enjoyable read. My only suggestion is to Edit BEFORE submitting...as there were a few little boo-boo's. Otherwise, nicely done!
02/23/08
Wonderful descriptions and imagery. This tore at my heartstrings.

I caught some typos and such at the top, but nothing a touch more polish won't fix.

A poignant story. Thank you for sharing it.
02/25/08
You have a very good piece here. Erma is very convincing and the theme of the stone wall throughout reflects her heart perfectly. I was drawn in from the beginning, but did get distracted by the typos, especially near the beginning. With a little more polishing, this will be an even better read!
02/25/08
With a little more work, this will absolutely shine. Keep writing.
02/26/08
Your story kept me reading in suspense all the way to the end--and I cried with them. Excellent writing!
I loved the comparison of the woman's inner brick wall with the actual physical wall in her yard. I also loved the ending. Congratulations on placing 2nd this week!