The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1436 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/24/08
Great Bible story for this proverb, and a clever poem.

I'm a little bit worried about your use of "crawl" and "walk"--maybe using the proverb too much? But I really liked the progression through the poem, and the last 4 lines are simply outstanding.
Being that I cannot produce a lick of poetry, I love reading those who can and it amazes me. I loved your story and I love poetry that has rhyme as well as rhythm. Loved your poem. For some reason found the first couple lines a bit of stumbling and not sure reason, but just loved it once I got into rhythm.
01/25/08
A very good interpretative poem on David and Goliath, well done!
Ideal for this week's subject.
01/26/08
The title grabbed my attention (not because of the all caps, but because of the wording). The last 4 lines paint a wonderful image. Clever.
01/27/08
Some good parts, or points, needs tweaking in a lot of areas but the message is there.
01/29/08
I LOVED it. "How dare they mock God in this way...I will bring him down this day."
Great poetry. Great use of the subject. Keep writing. I do poetry too (just not as good as yours.)

Pauly
01/31/08
Congratulations on your EC !!!! :) A big finish after all!!!!
01/31/08
Wonderful poem with a super cute ending moral. Congrats on your EC!
02/08/08
Welcome to Advanced. Your talent shows in this entry. I look forward to being bested by you in Level 3.