The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 621 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
The story sounded so real. too emotional for me.
10/15/09
What a sweet, timely reminder to grandparents and grandchildren regarding the importance that we have in one another's lives! I take being a grandmother very seriously and your story encourages me to press on! Thank you! This is a beautiful story!
10/15/09
My maternal Grandmother had blue eyes, live to 11 dyas shy of her 98th birthday. Those eyes showed up in her great grandson, my nephew. Your story touched my heart as much as it stirred my memories. Emotional? Yes it is, but in a way that makes me smile about spending time with a wonderful woman who guided my moral compass, much as your Grandmother did for you. Thank you for sharing such a touching moment; for giving a reminder to touch back on those memories of loved ones we held dear.
10/16/09
Your writing is very enjoyable. This is a story very well told.
Perhaps you could break it up a little into shorter paragraphs to make it easier to read. I didn't want to miss a word.
Lovely. Good entry.

Mona
Thank you for sharing this story. Reading about your son being blessed with your Grandmother's eyes brought a tear to my eye...what an excellent way to remember her.
10/18/09
Remembering our grandparents is important to the next generation of kids. This story is precious to tell.
10/18/09
Brings back so many precious memories of my Grandma, thanks. You did not share words; you shared your heart!