The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1071 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Clever and humorous. Caught the subtle message of how the creepies can crawl into our marriages distracting us from what is really important - spending time together. This soldier mom can come back from her golf date with a renewed vigor to conquer at the home front. Well done, fellow combatant.
05/09/09
Oooh, I felt a little bit creepy crawly myself, reading this!

Appreciate the humor, and the genuine voice.
05/10/09
I enjoyed the humor in this story and also the message. Your dialogue was believable. You did a good job showing what the MC was feeling and doing.
05/12/09
My home is located next to a river. I'm surrounded my all kinds of creepy crawly things. Good job.
Good humor...Good lesson...well done.
Your humor is contagious. Well done.
Patty
05/13/09
I HATE creepy crawlies and we have to do battle with spiders and centipedes every spring. ICK. Very funny story here...I'd choose golfing over bug hunting any day...and I dislike golf.
05/13/09
You took a "nothing much" type subject and built a well-told story. I could just see her seeking out the crawlies. Good message.
Mona
The voice and the humor were great. This was a lady I could identify with.
Loved the pace and the humor of this piece and the way your MC's voice pictured things in her head and her imaginative way of thinking. Great job!
05/13/09
Anyone who can swing and hit an ant won't have any trouble hitting a golf ball. Love the story line.
Not only entertaining, but well written. I had visions of two foot high ants :-)
Can I hire your MC? I have a few invaders I'd like to get rid of.
Very nice! I loved the interation between the husbad and wife. Very authentic! I'm glad she's getting to go out with her hero!