The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 943 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/24/08
What a "great" great-aunt you are! Your story reflects all the fun you had on your girl's only weekend. That's a lovely memory you all created for the little ones, too.
Sounds like the aunt had fun even if it did cost her a bundle. Is there really a stuff your own animal store? Cute story.
04/29/08
You took me with you on this weekend… I totally enjoyed …. The swim, the lunch with "Ronald" , then your "candy miracle" ... My grown AND almost grown daughters love "Build a Bear". I smiled at the "great-aunt is now seventy-seven dollars less great" comment. :) I think you created some wonderful memories for two special nieces. I enjoyed being invited to read this lovely, heartwarming piece. Thanks!
04/29/08
Sounds like a wonderful weekend--every little girl's dream.

There were a few tense shifts, and some unconventionally rendered dialogue. Easy edits for a sweet story.
I can identify with the candy miracle, I have nieces who would not eat raw cookie dough at my house because my sister said they could get sick. Lots of activity here and much fun.
An entry written straight from the heart. Thanks for sharing. :)
Sweet story, and lots of memories that will last a lifetime! Thank you for sharing.
04/30/08
This was a fun read. Loved the part about the mom being a dental hygenist... emphasis on building memories makes me want to be more concious of it with my grandkids.. thanks for teh smile..!
What fun and wonderful memories. Sounds like a great family!
Sounds like a wonderful trip! I wouldn't mind a trip to the candy store either! lol. So fun-I loved the thought of a girls only weekend. Great job ^_^
04/30/08
What a lovely weekend. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
This sounded like it was a ton of fun. What great memories you created for your great-nieces.

I really appreciate you sharing your fun adventures. :)
What a fun weekend and sounds like it was worth every dime, nickel, bucks, etc. How nice that you were able to do that for your nieces.