The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 760 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I like your ideas, but it appears you have two different stories going on.

An outline would probably help keep your thoughts in order, and serve as a check list to make sure you have made all of your points.

You have the potential, in my opinion. Don't let the "challenge" scare you. You are among friends here...
11/30/07
You've created a fine character in Mary.

I'm not clear on what the kitten story has to do with the later one, nor of how they relate to the topic of spiritual gifts, exactly.

Good dialogue writing, and good job of keeping the situation realistic.
12/03/07
Not sure of the connection between the kittens and the ordeal on the bus, but this was nicely written. Keep writing.
I think the kittens in the beginning of your story and the mother's challenge for Mary to find something else to care about is maybe what lead Mary to defend Abigail on the bus. She found something else to care about. This shows the gift of caring in a very unique way.
12/11/07
It was a very cute ending. I like it, there have been so many times that I felt like I should have done some thing like that. Good life lesson! ^-^ & :)