The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1144 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I can see the humor here. But I'd like to know just what Violet and Rosie are. Dolls? Dogs? Cats? Imagination? With that little bit of info, this is great! Loved the scripture.
04/20/07
It takes a very creative mind to write a humor entry about pillows!

I was confused by the switch to first person in the middle section. And there are some grammatical things to clean up that would greatly improve this story.

This is a very good character study...humor, yes, but sadness, too. A very effective mix.
Well, you had me hooked, trying to figure out who Violet and Rosie were. To start with, I thought Rosie was a dog, or a pet of some kind. Yes, it made me smile when I found out they were just pillows.
I found the first paragraph a little slow to get into, but as I continued, it caught my interest more. Well done.
Confused to say the least until the end. Great story!
I did find this piece quite amusing. The shift in the middle was a bit confusing, though. I didn't think the "girls" were pillows, I thought you may be talking about TV's. Loved the descriptive characterization - good visuals. The ending was a surprise, kind of sad yet hopeful. I liked this.
04/20/07
This writing really is wonderful. The spacing in it, however, distracts the reader and doesn't clearly convey the end or the beginning of thought processes. Editing, in this regard, is only a minor note as your writing is so very good.