The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 875 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is quite heart wrenching and it most certainly leaves one wondering what has happened here and why! In my opinion the telling is extremely passionate and filled with emotion. It drew me in, but I think it needs a resolution for the reader. The mother's finding consolation in God is a good thing, and yet I feel lost with the ending.
07/17/06
This seems to have been written from personal experience, and if so, my heart goes out to you.

I was a bit confused while reading it, as no foundation was laid early in the piece to lead your readers to expect the grandparents' actions. This is easily fixed in future edits.
07/17/06
Wow - this took me by surprise! Very gut-wrenching story!
This took me by surprise. No lead up, no resolution. Left me feeling numb with what happened.
07/19/06
Excellent writing. But I too am left wondering, WHY!
In the future you might want to break up the gray space a little. Makes reading easier. But with that said, your story kept me reading anyway. I just wish it would have had a more conclusive ending. Keep writing, you have talent. Will look forward to your next entry.