The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2703 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/11/18
I enjoyed your story very much, kept my interest well written was it fiction or did it happen to you?
01/11/18
Great story - on topic and relevant to today's obsession with iphones. Thanks for sharing.
Well written, great little story. I really enjoyed it. I hope you are working on a NOVEL!
01/14/18
You did a great job using dialog! Each paragraph flowed smoothly from one to the next, and kept my attention. Yes, books are like a good perfume...a literary aroma to quench a creative appetite!
01/15/18
Such a sweet story! I agree with the commen about your dialogue. It was well written! I was a bit confused about the M.C.'s age, but that’s not super important.
This is an interesting piece reminding us older readers of the phone on the wall and books on a shelf that provided contact with those outside - through the spoken word on the one while the written word in the other.

Nicely written.
01/18/18
What a great start to your writing career! Congratulations on your #1 placement. Very impressive. Glad you followed through and joined FW.
01/19/18
Congratulations on your 1st place finish in the Beginners category, Jude.

Little Women is one of my all-time favorite books. I would incorporate the age of the girl at the beginning of the story (11-year-old MC hung onto Mimi's hand as her mom drove away).

At work, we were reviewing the many changes, microwave oven, first color TV, computers, phones, etc.


01/19/18
Congratulations on winning 13th place overall, too.

I have a feeling you will rise through the ranks quickly.
01/19/18
Hello Jude. Your entry is the first to be highlighted in our new Someone to Watch showcase. Keep rising to the Challenge! Deb (FaithWriters and Breath of Fresh Air Press)
01/19/18
You're clearly en-Jude with writing skill, and if you maintain this quality you should reach level four in a very short time. From there, who knows? God bless your ministry as it develops.
01/19/18
A well-deserved 1st place! I enjoyed how you showed us Sophie's age and personality through action and dialogue, instead of just telling us.
Well done.
01/22/18
I really enjoyed your story Jude and can see why you've been labeled 'Someone to Watch'. Congrats on your win and I look forward to reading more of your entries.