The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1141 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wonderful story, and beautifully written!
01/17/06
Ah, Bravo! Your device of having Toby talk to his teddy bear instead of the adults is absolute perfection. This is a top-notch piece of writing.
I liked the way you had Toby talk to his teddy and the names he had for his adoptive parents. This was very well done. Keep writing.
01/19/06
A very touching story - I could picture that much-loved ol' bear Murphy :)
01/19/06
Wow! Good job! I wanted to take him home myself! Very, very Good! Just loved it!
01/19/06
Wonderful writing here! Interesting all the way through. Clever ideas and you pulled them off beautifully. I enjoyed this!
You really captured the voice of a six year old. Very enjoyable story. :)
01/19/06
A delightful tale. You portrayed the awkwardness of the situation for both the child and the adult and captured the child's voice convincingly. Well done. Yeggy
01/20/06
Touching story, and great tie-in from the hurricane!
01/21/06
I love the dialect. That was hard to pull off, but you did it very well! Nice storyline and good movement!
01/21/06
Awww. This was a heart-warmer. Clever, imaginative story. Well done!
Blessings, Lynda
Hi there, Britt! I was a judge and I wanted you to know that your entry was one of my favorites this week. I'm sure you were right up in the running for the level and editor's choice. Excellent job.