The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1476 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/15/05
You painted such a good picture of her life and a geat ending. I think you wrote this so well!
11/17/05
AAahhh what relief to be with the Lord - finally! You did a good job of portraying this. It feels good!
11/17/05
Great character development! This flowed really well, and kept my attention. The only little hiccup was this sentence: "My blanket and only picture of my husband and children that had survived the fire..." It took me a moment to figure out that it was the picture that survived the fire, not the husband and children. Overall, a wonderful story!
11/17/05
Your words painted pictures. You do such a great job every week.
I agree with the above, a great story with very vivid imagery. I especially like the ending because it reminds me that as the Bible says "...weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning." Thank you.
11/17/05
This is wonderful! Sadness and mourning turned to joy and dancing! Just like He said! You've done an excellent job in writing this. Mmmmm!
Very creative. Really enjoyed this. As others have said, the character development was excellent and the piece well written. Good job!
11/17/05
This one gave me chills! Shows how you never really know why someone is in the circomstances in which they find themselves. I loved the way all her material belongings were gone -she didn't need them anymore and maybe they would help someone else.
11/17/05
Wow!! Awesome! Gave me chills. You really know how to pull a reader in. Challenging perspective on the homeless, as well. Thanks for writing this!
11/17/05
The Lord said that He would never give us more than we can bear. When the load is too heavy, it's time to go Home! What a wonderful(I'm trying not to use the beautiful word!) story:)Keep up the good work!
Great job! I think you belong in a higher level -when you feel ready! :) Your writing is very vivid.