The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 941 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I agree life can be stressful; but God is bigger than any circumstance and he is able and does show up to
show himself beautiful in our lives. Magnify him and not life.

11/14/05
Tomorrow, try stepping in front of the mirror. You have just witnessed beauty in it's purest form. Everything else you do that day will stem from the beauty you witnessed in the mirror. Feeling that we are beautiful allows us to appreciate the beauty God has placed in others!
11/14/05
Some good thoughts on things that need to be overcome, but I'm afraid the one statement "Yet each day, He makes something beautiful out of my life" doesn't convince me that is the focus of this piece. How does He do that? Tell us some good things the Lord has done to change you and make things beautiful. Keep writing! :o)
Some very honest thoughts on how difficult the material life can make it to see through the eyes of our Lord, which is part of the challange. I would have liked to have seen this expanded a little more, perhaps using a specific scenario when it has been hard and when the Lord has been able to make something beautiful from each day for you. Dont hold back! :-) God bless.
11/15/05
Great thoughts, this will make a dandy devotion. Indeed, I am speaking from Acts 1:18 this weekend, I think I have a place for it in my message.
11/15/05
Interesting introspective...the fact that God's grace is sufficient is how He continues to use us, even if we're distracted. I've often struggled with an attitude of "oh, I already know what's in the Bible" that keeps me from opening it to start my day. Unfortunately, it also keeps my mind from being renewed from the previous day's stress. Great compact writing. God bless!
11/22/05
Yes, that is It, Ok. Wise Write.
“All I have to offer Him is brokenness and strife…” I do not seem to have time to feel broken. Strife? Does it really ever end? Many times, just existing through the day seems easier. Yet each day, He makes something beautiful out of my life.” Thank you Gina. Blessings. Helen