The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 849 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I thoroughly enjoyed this little chat with God. I can easily picture him saying those words to me. It gives me a sense of hope and comfort.

It was a bit hard to follow because of the quotation marks weren't used consistently. Each time someone different speaks, you should start a new paragraph. Also adding some lines like this: My shoulders slumped as I shuffled along. "Are we there yet?" would not only show the reader who is speaking but also would show the MC's personality and emotions.

I chuckled at the line about being there yet. It reminds me of a child anxious to get to their destination. And that's really what we are as Christians--God's children eager to reach our destination. I thought it was quite a clever way of showing that message. The technical things you can work on with a critique group or challenge buddy but the heart of the message is clearly God using you to touch people in ways you may never know. That's what is truly important--doing God's calling. Thank you for sharing this delightful story.
This kept my attention, made me think and I even looked up the scripture. Really good.
12/12/12
I enjoyed reading this, thank you. God bless~