The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 746 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/22/10
Well written. I was instantly taken back to our own family gatherings. Your description of the food, the smells and the taste made my mouth water. Thanks for the reminder of family times and the love we all shared!
07/22/10
Aah...Taste the memories. I'll have food on my mind for the rest of the day ;)
07/22/10
I loved the vivid descriptions. It reminded me of my own family's feasts and the love we shared.
Oh my goodness. As you swished me into this setting, almost felt like I died and went to Heaven. The warmth and ambiance was deliciously enveloping. Loved the picture of those cold bottoms sitting on freezers of ice cream while parents churned. This was absolutely enchanting!
Thank you for inviting me into your wonderful memory. It sounds like Thanksgiving at my house when I was a child. Oh I miss those days. My family has gotten quite small in numbers, but your description of the wonderful food and even better company lifted my spirits.
07/23/10
I do not like to cook, but almost envy those that do. I get great pleasure eating, but cooking is just a chore.I'm a Yankee and large meals were served only on Sunday and holidays. When I made my first trip south to meet my future husband's family, I was surprised to learn "how the other half lived!" You do make my mouth water, great descriptions!
I loved reading this. I yearned to BE there, tasting all of that delicious-sounding food!
07/28/10
What lovely memories. Thank you for allowing us a glimpse into these precious family moments. My mouth is watering from the incredible list of foods, and my heart is full from the loving arms and hugs.
Congratulations for placing in the top 10 of your level.