The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1092 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Maybe he will come by to visit again-I hope so. Maybe the cookie made a difference-lol. This was interestingly done with both characters and atmosphere. Nice job.
07/09/09
Original and very interesting. I felt like I was there with the veterans. Good work.
07/11/09
A rather unusual story, but well written. I liked this.
07/15/09
Good and orginal a reminder that you are never to old to serve God. Thanks
I really liked your story. You have a good sense of the immediate present, and I could see myself coming into the chapel with you and meeting your four vets. I liked that you left them not anonymous but unnamed. It gives an everyman feeling to them. What I liked most of all is that the more we read the less we focused on your age and its effects and the more we focused on your empathy and compassion toward your parishioners.
Good job!
07/16/09
Congratulations on taking 3rd place with this most interesting story. Your characters felt real as did the sincerity of your MC. None of us should ever retire from serving God.
07/18/09
Congratulations on your win, Bill. Not only 3rd Place in Level 1, but you also made it into the highest rankings, placing 37th overall. A fantastic result for a Level 1 entrant.

Time to move up to Level 2 now.

If you would like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can see them here:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26236

Keep up the great writing. Deb (Challenge Coordinator)