The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 908 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/22/09
Cute story. For me, it'd be no contest--if there's a place where there are no spiders, that's where I'm going!
01/23/09
I would definitely choose the land of the kiwi. No arachnids or reptiles for me...that is of course, God gave me no choice.

I liked your story, it is very creative, especially the ending.
01/23/09
This was a very nice story. I liked how Jenny got her answer. A BLT! Who would have thought! Keep up the good work!
01/30/09
Good story. Illustrates well how God works in mysterious ways. People should stop trying to put Him in a box. And He does have a sense of humor because we do and we're created in His image.
01/30/09
Oh Keri,
this was wonderful! I so enjoyed it. I loved the line ... "The soft green suede seemed to swallow her and absorb the tension she felt."
Very nice sensory imagery.

I also enjoyed the interesting was God spoke to Jen. It's so like Him... and I felt like I could relate to the humorous way she heard His voice.

Were you somewhat inspired by our Bible study, for the direction you used to write this piece?
Nice job!
Robin Sturm
02/01/09
Great story of how God still speaks to those who are listening for His voice! Congratulations on your 3rd place win.