The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1030 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/18/08
Amazingly powerful with very vivid and meaningful imagery. I was right there. Excellent.
09/25/08
Such graphic word pictures and such intensity! Congrats!
09/25/08
What an effective approach. Gambling does steal your life, whether you end up in prison or not. Wonderful writing. Congratulations!
Congratulations on your 1st place and EC win! Excellent writing.
Wow. This is powerful stuff here. Excellent writing. Congratulations of placing first and EC. Well deserved. God Bless.
09/25/08
Wow. This had me glued to the screen reading... Congratulations on your 1st place and EC win.
09/26/08
This is a wonderful story. I loved the para:
“Life’s a game” he answered, the gravel in his voice trying desperately to hide the fear in his soul. “If I gamble, there’s a chance, each time that I’ll win. If I don’t, then I have to admit I’m a loser.” I remember his face in that moment, fierce and afraid all at once – daring me, daring God to contradict him.
Great insight into gambling.
Congratulations oo your first place. Up to level 2 with you!
Wow! You took my breath away and put a catch in my throat. I can see why this story is a winner.
10/08/08
Wow...this was your last story in Beginner....and rightfully so...very good. I really like your style and I look forward to reading more from you.
Lisa-VA
Amazing read. Congratulations on your win
10/20/08
Wow, that was an incredible story. So descriptive and expressive. I teared up at the end.