The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 857 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/10/08
Very nice story. Great description.
This is a favorite of mine this week! I honestly enjoyed the entire read that I had to go over the last part again. I loved how you used your title to tie into the charm bracelet and the hats. You did great with descriptions, I could see that red feather beehive hat! Very creative-great writing! ^_^
I had fun with this. Thanks for a different look at grandmas. I loved how your character came full circle.
04/10/08
What a lovely story. Your descriptions are great! I really enjoyed this.
04/11/08
This one definitely made me smile. Lovely descriptions...I can just hear the charm bracelet. Keep up the great work.
04/11/08
I loved the line, "Dangling all alone, it’s a silent reminder of many tender childhood memories."
Wonderful, sweet story!
Very enjoyable! I can just see your grandma dressed up! Sweet reminders to pray. Good job.
04/11/08
The title really caught my eye. I loved your image of the charm bracelet with its jingle and the grandmother praying as she touched the charms. I was sad when the charm was all alone, not on the bracelet anymore. Then happy again that a new bracelet started. Beautiful.
The title suits the story very well. This is a lady I would have liked to know. Your portrayal is vivid, realistic and loving. I could almost hear the jingling charms. Very nice.
04/11/08
This was a delight to read. Keep on writing like this and you won’t be long in Beginners. Your title said it all!
04/11/08
This is my favorite so far. It captured such a beautiful portrayal of love - speaking volumes in the charm bracelet alone. A grandma that jingles...Love it!! If this is a true story I would love to see a picture of you in the fur and hat. *Smile*
What wonderful memories! Very well written - I could actually 'hear' it as I was reading it. Good job!
With writing like this, you will be moving out of beginners very quickly. Another of my favorites in beginners this week. Wonderful writing. Your descriptions put me right in the story, and I could hear the jingling. :)
04/15/08
Great tribute to your grandmother, and well-written too. I like your title. It is intriguing, inviting people to read it...You did a great job...
04/18/08
Congratulations on your Highly Commended. This is a very sweet tribute to your grandmother.

My great-aunt had a mink stole (without the head). I, too, used to sit by her in church, petting the stole.

Thank you for the walk down memory lane.