The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1141 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/25/08
This was a nice piece of writing--especially the line about the weepy day doubling as a faucet.
Wise mom and glad the daughter listened. Excellent example on topic.
Yes - this is an excellent take on the topic. Lots of wise advice here - very nicely done.
01/26/08
Good analogy!
I make bread, too, and you did a good job of inserting a phrase here and there that shows it well.
Good devotional...keep writing.
01/28/08
You won't be in level 1 for long, I am certain, dear writer. I especially relish this paragraph, linking historical events with the baking fiasco:

"...That first batch I baked too soon was the Battle of Waterloo all over again. It had overflowed the pans and wreaked havoc on the oven rack while I stood by like a distracted Bonaparte and wondered why I ever tackled making the stuff in the first place without help. Mom had taught me properly later, and now I was practically a bread machine."

Delightful reading--I want to read more!
Congratulations on your 2nd place win, and good luck in Intermediate!
01/31/08
Whoo Hoo! My little Minnesota friend's first challenge and she is in the ranking. CONGRATULATIONS! Didn't I tell you, Mary? I'm so glad you're here at FaithWriters. I have no doubt you will soar to the heights. Love you bunches!

P.S. I love your story, too :)
What an excellent story. Loved the title. The topic was very well stated within this easy to read and understand story. Great job and congrats on your win!
01/31/08
Wow! Great writing. Move up to Intermediate. This did not belong in beginners.

I really enjoyed the duel illustration of the topic, both with the bread and with marriage. Keep up the good work.
You have a true gift for writing. I'm so glad it was recognized, and I expect to see the climbing the ladder very quickly. P.S. I love your friend, Edy. Since she's my "northern sister," I guess you're my good friend, too.
02/01/08
Thanks, everyone, for your kind words! It's great fun to write and I'm glad you enjoyed my story :)
02/01/08
Congratulations, Mary. You did a great job. Love the title and your creative take on the topic. :)
I know you're proud of this entry and I'm proud for you. I believe you'll make the climb to the top in record time. My very best to you!