The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 742 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/19/07
This is a very well written story. I would have enjoyed reading it more if the paragraphs were double-spaced. Just makes the tracking easier. Great job!
I agree, this is a good story, but too would have enjoyed the space because it made it a little overwhelming to read. I like the way the group showed the forgiveness of the Lord to one who needed to "see" it in action.
10/20/07
Great story for a youth group to read and discuss. I love the symbolism of light/dark at the end...

...but consider ending it something like this:

A few more steps--and the group, holding tight to Kaylee, emerged from the darkness into the light.

You don't have to tell your readers what the symbolism means...you've done a great job of writing it. Trust your readers' intelligence, and your own writing.
10/22/07
This gives a lovely portrayal of emotions, and the way that the group rescued her was really moving. The rescue attempt was also incredibly stupid. Kaylee was not in any immediate danger, and could be reassured that they found her simply by calling. The group could have had another accident, or failed to get her up, or seriously damaged her arm. It would have been much wiser to report the problem to the authorities.
Don't be fooled, this is great writing. The STORY you tell here is just what it is, a story with a moral. Christ works through the acts of others and I feel you did a great job in your writing. I too think this would be a great story for a youth group to explore. Keep up the blessed writing. Well done!
10/23/07
A nice story and one that relates well to youth. I also enjoyed Kaylee's revelation of true fellowship.
10/23/07
A nice story and one that relates well to youth. I also enjoyed Kaylee's revelation of true fellowship.