The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1187 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
WOW! Provative and very open. This topic really needs to be talked more about as our society takes a too relaxed view on premarital sex. Amen! I am so proud of our oldest son who said just the same thing about sex being like a Christmas present when he was only 15. He announced that no matter what he wanted to remain pure before the Lord and to be able to give his future wife that gift. I was so amazed, you couldn't have given me any better gift than hearing my teen age son speak from his heart. Praise God! I hope more of our youth will find it within themselves to not take the easy path but to follow the higher road and wait....Janice
This has a really good message that I wish all young girls would read and really know. Good job on showing that there are consequences to "not waiting" and that ... should they mess up, that God still forgives and still helps. Good thoughts.
06/16/07
A real eye-opener for the young - and done in a well written and beautiful form of wordsmithing. Bravo for delving into this forbidden topic and writing about it...well done! Good job!
06/18/07
I agree with the other comments expressed here; this is good writing on an important topic.
Congratulations on placing third in the teen challenge genre. Your story met the criteria for excellent writing, so it was well desreved. You were bold on an intimate subject, but then scripture itself speaks in earthy terms, calling a spade a spade when appropriate. I think reading this article might startle some teens into thinking differently about the virginity question.
Awesome job! Congrats on your win.
06/22/07
Awesome, Yulanda. Well done.
Congratulations! A very strong pov here.
12/13/08
Sorry to reply here, but I didn't know how else to contact you...thanks for your comment on "Sniggles". By the way, I DO offer a writing course, of sorts. If you go to the Faith Writers message boards, and scroll down until you see "Jan's Master class", you can click into dozens of mini-lessons on various writing topics. I call it a "class", but it's really just a quick look into various techniques, and anyone is free to read them, comment, and participate as much or as little as they wish. Check them out!