The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 519 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I loved all these lines about your dad. The last two made me cry. I'd love to have known him. His sweetness reminds me so much of my own dad, who demonstrated God's love to me in so many ways. This is a wonderful poem!
02/14/19
I loved this entire piece!
It had me smiling and the end had me tear up...but what a wonderful line and way to wrap up this fantastic piece.

And I have to say it made me think of my wonderful parents too.

My Dad and Mom were so much fun, loving and kind to all of their children.

I related to this very much.

Well done,

Blessings~

This is lovely. It tells such a vivid story. I felt like I traveled back in time. It flowed nicely and the rhymes were great. I finished reading and felt warm and safe.
Must agree. I'm not usually interested enough in poetry to get through it, much less be moved by it, but you grabbed my attention from the start and the last stanza did it for me. Great ending to a delightful poem. Thanks.
02/15/19
Oh gosh this gave me chills. I absolutely loved this! It’s perfect! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this from beginning to end.
To me, this is a masterpiece.
What a lovely tribute to your dad. Reminds me of my own in many ways. Some tender moments, and some funny ones. The house painting incident made me laugh out loud. Well done!
02/16/19
I like all the memories, much like my own. A narrative poem is always fun to read. I especially like the last line.
02/16/19
The last lines caused me to tear up. Such a wonderful tribute to your dad. I could see this piece published in Reminisce magazine!
02/17/19
What a nice tribute to your dad. You painted a picture of a sweet home with this poem. It made me smile. Well done.
02/17/19
This is a treasure to read. Well done.
02/18/19
What a slice of American life. Thanks for sharing this!
02/18/19
I really enjoyed this trip into the past. I feel like I know your dad a little: your poem brings him to life so well. I chuckled at the house painting episode, but can just imaging your dad patiently accepting it with humor. (But still repainting it, several times over to cover the black.)
02/19/19
Good rhythm and verse filled with memorable moments from life with a special parent. Well done. Thanks for taking the time to make dad live again.
02/22/19
As you know, I love your poetic stories. You sure know how to paint wonderful word pictures of family members and precious memories. This one is another gift, and the punch at the end is perfect, even though it made the tears shoot right out of my heart. Well done, dear friend!
Congratulations on ranking 14 overall. Happy Dance!