The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 553 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/10/16
My husband seems a bit like yours... both with carefree attitude and fear of heights! Mine, I don’t think, is as severe as yours and has gotten better through the years with his fear of heights, but it still surfaces! Not very much though as my desire to do such things as zip lines, or even go to the top of a ladder, etc has diminished greatly as I have gotten older. Such a sweet story and I enjoyed the read!
06/13/16
I enjoyed this. Opposites really do attract, even if we are unaware of it at first. Well done.
06/14/16
I really enjoyed this story. Interesting how some of us can handle things others can't and some remain calm in situations that ruffle others. You've tackled the topic well.
I chuckled throughout. I love your sense of humor. I can relate more with the husband, and I do pretty good in emergencies too. It's actually kind of funny, but I never thought of it like that before. Your ending was brilliant. Congratulations on your EC! Happy Dance!
06/16/16
Congratulations, Marlene, on your 9th place finish in the EC awards this week.

I sympathize with Stan. I am not very fond of heights myself. Hopefully, the doctors will find a cure for your vertigo, or, you have a fireman as a friend.
06/17/16
Congratulations, Marlene, on your well-deserved EC place.
06/17/16
I enjoyed the easy-going pace of this piece, with its underplayed drama and the humour that seeps out in different points.
Congratulations on your EC.
06/27/16
Hehe what a pleasant trip through phobia land.