The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 786 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/16/15
This is a term that people used with one of the top CEO's where I worked, and it held true with his personality.

Well written.

God bless~
07/19/15
what a catchy, delightful piece!!! You rendered the characters masterfully. And let me add, from experience, the attitude can be catching, but thankfully not the stature.
07/20/15
You had me scratching my head for a while there. :) I kept asking, "What in the world is SMS syndrome?" Glad to see the ladies were as baffled as I was. lol.

It is a sad thing to see people who act like this. It seems to be those who have lowest self-worth who try to minimize the worth of others to make their own inadequacies less painful.

One thought that might make this shine even brighter: bring his ugliness out earlier in the piece. Maybe little hints that he's not all that he seems, and then knock our socks off with the truth of his character. Other than this, it's well written and shows how people's appearance can be misleading, disguising their truest self.
A great title that had me choosing this to read over others on the list. Also, once you mentioned SMS syndrome, I kept reading at full speed wanting to find out what it was.
Good job.
I struggled early on to find what such a seemingly paragon of virtue could turn so unpleasant - must have been blinded by those perfect shining teeth! A definitely zany and hilarious story to trip us up with your delightful sense of humor. Thanks!
This is wonderful. I love your facetious sense of humor. You had me engrossed throughout the whole story. You definitely nailed the topic. Someone can have a beautiful face, but be horrid on the inside. Congratulations on ranking 19 overall! Happy Dance!
07/24/15
It's a bit sad to see such a tall story about such a short man, and to find him to be such a Paris-ite. Apart from that, it was a lot of fun.
Well done.
07/28/15
Just wanted to let you know, I thought this was masterfully written, and would have expected it to place higher:) I was with you all the way, and found your conversation to be credible with nuance, and bare of the trite or cliche. Keep writing:)