The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 964 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I was just skimming through entries and found this gem--so real, so wonderful!
06/06/15
I agree with the above comment. A true gem, thank you for sharing this, as I can completely relate. May God give you grace.
06/07/15
Very skilful profile of the strain within the gentle perspective that's required when we're caring for someone who is unwittingly combining closeness with distance. Your title is perfect.
06/07/15
Your words were so visual, I could see exactly what was happening at all times. Loved the soap opera reference. Very funny. Well done.
06/08/15
Beautiful! Definitely one of the best in every way!
06/09/15
It almost seemed too real. I found myself remembering the last years of my grandparents lives. Good writing can often do that; it takes you home. Thanks.
06/11/15
This is such a touching story about a mother with Alzheimer's disease. It appeared from the way you wrote the story that you may have had first hand knowledge of the disease. This writing is a moving testimony to God's love
06/11/15
Your title drew me right in. The story is an apt description of life after memory has slipped away. Congratulations on your 3rd place EC award.
06/12/15
Another amazingly crafted story. Wow! Congrats, once again, Ann. Your talent leaves me in awe.
06/12/15
Beautifully written and most deserving of your EC, Ann. Your stories and poems always touch me and are always so well crafted, as is this one.