The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 704 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/10/14
Though I do feel a twinge of sadness over your mother's reluctance to accept your obvious talent, I thoroughly enjoyed your well-written story. Seeing the topic for this new week, I look forward to reading more of your humor... I bet you've got a million of 'em, as the old comedian used to say. I appreciated the balance of character development in this short article; I think that takes real talent to achieve in so few words. Beautifully done.
10/12/14
I love that you honored your mother while still honoring who you were created to be. Not everyone uses the sourness of a bad childhood experience as a launching pad to realizing God's best. Loved the imagery throughout.
10/13/14
This was an amazing read of your relationship with your mom, you managed to allow the reader to "be right there" with each magnificent word of choice.

I was able to feel the dynamics and sense the internal conflicts that often resulted in overt moments.

Great job and congratulations for honoring your mom irrespective of the relationship.

Thank you for sharing.

God bless~
10/15/14
So well written! Great sense of humor woven into this. Despite the pain of the past you have used it to fuel your creative energy well. We may not always understand our mothers and they can try our patience but you did a marvelous job of holding your own even as you treated her with respect.
Congratulations on ranking 21 overall! Happy Dance!